WWT Acquires Performance Technology Group
The Acquisition Strengthens WWT’s Professional Services Portfolio and Magnifies its Market Presence in the Mid-Atlantic Region
ST. LOUIS and BALTIMORE (January 15, 2010) – World Wide Technology, Inc. (WWT), a market-leading systems integrator that provides innovative technology and supply chain solutions, has acquired Baltimore-based Performance Technology Group (PTG), who specializes in systems engineering and managed services for Federal, State and Commercial clients in the Mid-Atlantic region. WWT will benefit from PTG’s Mid-Atlantic footprint, SAS 70 Type II data center and suite of managed IT services including a fully staffed network operations center.
“I’m very excited about the acquisition of PTG and the strategic value they bring to our organization,” said Jim Kavanaugh, chief executive officer for WWT. “PTG’s complementary customers, market segments and strategic technology solutions will accelerate our growth in services and market share around the world.”
PTG is a premier provider of systems engineering and managed services for Commercial, State and Federal customers requiring high reliability and security. The company’s SAS 70 Type II data center and 24x7x365 staffed network operations center provides colocation, network monitoring and fully managed services for either hosted or remote environments. The company also offers strategic IT consulting, virtualization planning and implementation, and technology disaster recovery planning and hosted solutions.
“With the acquisition of our company by World Wide Technology, we are now integrally part of an award-winning enterprise with a truly global reach,” said Peter Chakales, president and chief executive officer of Performance Technology Group. “The beneficiary of this new collaboration is very clear, our customers. They will benefit from the depth and breadth of our combined organization which offers a robust product and services portfolio that spans world-class IT products and supply chain services to managed technology and data center solutions. The PTG team is excited about this marriage and looking forward to a bright future.”
Highlights of the combined company include:
• Profitable and strong with more than 1,200 employees and approaching $3 billion in revenue;
• A global customer portfolio that spans the most successful businesses to the largest government agencies;
• More than 500 highly trained technical professions that maintain over 1,500 industry and technology certifications;
• Products from more than 3,000 manufacturers and a suite of e-commerce and supply chain optimization applications designed to greatly simplify the procurement process;
• At the 2009 Cisco Partner Summit, WWT was named U.S. and Canada Theater Partner of the Year, Public Sector DVAR of the Year and U.S. Regional Central Security Partner of the Year;
• Key strategic relationships and designations with leading technology providers: Cisco Gold Partner, Citrix Gold Solution Advisor, EMC Signature Direct Partner, HP Elite Partner, NetApp Star Partner, Symantec Platinum Partner, Sun Executive Level Partner, VMware Enterprise VIP Partner and more;
• One of Cisco’s largest Gold partners and the number one supplier of Cisco products to the U.S. Federal government;
• Cisco Unified Computing Systems (UCS) ATP partner, Cisco Master specializations in Unified Communications and Security, Cisco Advanced specializations in Data Center Networking Infrastructure, Data Center Storage Networking, Wireless LAN and more;
• Inclusion on multiple government and industry purchasing vehicles including SEWP, ITES-2H, VHA and GSA;
• Strong Data Center practice that helps customers take full advantage of virtualization technology
• Strategic relationships with key systems integrators and consulting firms to the Federal government, telecom industry and enterprise markets;
• More than 1.5 million square-feet of warehousing distribution and integration space in 20 facilities throughout the world, including a state-of-the-art technology Integration Technology Center (ITC) with capacity to configure over 30,000 systems per week;
• A SAS 70 Type II data center and 24x7x365 staffed network operations center.
WWT does not foresee changes in PTG’s employee base and will continue to operate the company’s 30,000 square-foot facility in Baltimore. The financial terms of the acquisition were not disclosed.
World Wide Technology, Inc. is a systems integrator that provides innovative technology and supply chain solutions to the commercial, government and telecom sectors. The company brings to market a powerful blend of knowledge, infrastructure and technology to help its customers manage the planning, procurement and deployment of IT products and solutions. Based in St. Louis, WWT works closely with industry leaders including Boeing (NYSE: BA); Sun Microsystems (NASDAQ: JAVA); Dell (NASDAQ: DELL); Cisco Systems (NASDAQ: CSCO); EMC (NYSE: EMC); HP (NYSE: HPQ); AT&T Inc., (NYSE: ATT); VMware (NYSE: VMW); NetApp, Inc. (NASDAQ: NTAP); Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT) and the U.S. Air Force. WWT employs over 1,200 people and operates more than 1.5 million square-feet of warehousing, distribution and integration space in 20 facilities throughout the world. For more information on World Wide Technology, visit www.wwt.com.
Edward Levens (for WWT)