Detect potential problems and decrease response time to meet DCOI compliance with Splunk
Today’s IT environment can be di cult to control. Rapidly scaling IT solutions are becoming unmanageable when proactively monitoring IT assets and gaining visibility into deployed products. Selecting the right IT solutions can be problematic due to challenges in assessing the e ectiveness of invested assets.
With service level and compliance requirements increasing, costs rising and budgets shrinking, organizations must be able to make use of existing tools to achieve stronger returns on investment (ROI) while still delivering innovation that enables them to meet IT infrastructure demands and gain operational visibility.
OPERATIONAL INTELLIGENCE SOLUTION
To overcome this challenge, World Wide Technology (WWT) leverages the power of operational intelligence, which is the information derived from machine generated data that provides real-time reporting on the utilization levels of all invested IT assets (compute, network, storage, virtual machines, PDU, UPS, chillers).
Machine generated data provides a de nitive record of crucial information such as user/machine behavior, security threats, application activity, server activity and more. The Splunk Appliance turns big data into valuable insights that provide an accurate assessment of IT assets to support decisions for efficient operations.
The Splunk Appliance is a massively scalable, data-generating engine designed to meet Data Center Optimization Initiatives (DCOI) targets and objectives. Splunk’s software collects the data needed to quickly troubleshoot issues, x outages, report utilization levels, monitor end-to- end service levels and detect anomalies through automated alerts and service desk tickets. This machine generated data can be used to detect potential problems and reduce mean-time-to-investigate (MTTI) and mean-time-to-recovery (MTTR), which supports IT sta in being able to focus on mission-critical tasks.
SPLUNK APPLIANCE CAPABILITIES
The Splunk Appliance delivers real-time insight from existing sensors, devices and facility operational technologies while integrating with existing operational technologies to become the primary tool for deployed data center assets.
- Provides visibility across virtual and physical components
- Enables faster event correlations
- Sync troubleshooting and compliance investigations
- Use out-of-the-box customizable reports to improve storage monitoring e ciency and plan storage capacity allocations
- Understand your storage system in respect to corresponding application performance, server response times and virtualization overhead
- Eliminate silos with complete operational visibility across heterogeneous environments made of multiple types of Windows and Linux operating systems
- Correlate system metrics and events data with data from other technology tiers to prevent performance slowdowns and capacity bottlenecks
- Secure network environment by monitoring for suspicious activity, user role changes and unauthorized access
Using the Splunk application, organizations can troubleshoot problems and outages and detect early warning signs across all servers and networks. All logs, con gurations, messages, traps and metrics are collected to search, alert and report across servers in seconds. Splunk can also be integrated with existing server monitoring and provisioning tools for one-click granular data analysis.
SPLUNK APPLIANCE OPTIONS
The Splunk appliance is delivered pre-con gured according to speci c requirements and includes the hardware, software, training and professional services.
- Splunk Appliance – 10GB/Day
- Splunk Appliance – 20GB/Day
- Splunk Appliance – 50GB/Day